Tuesday, May 22, 2007

back pain healed!

Winter 2006
Roger Wyatt, Jail Volunteer

I’ve had osteoarthritis in my lower back for five years. During the past six months it had become so severe that I could not sleep at night. I finally decided to consult my doctor and he prescribed pain killers and fifteen visits to the physical therapist.

I know God heals, but considering the pain Jesus and the other disciples endured, I was reluctant to ask prayer for myself. Finally, I shared my problem with my men’s Bible study, and they prayed for me. The next night, I shared it with inmates at the Skagit County Jail and asked prayer at the close of Bible study.

One of the men stood up and said, “We won’t wait until the end.” About twenty-five men got up and laid hands on me and prayed for healing. I was overwhelmed by their great faith, which seemed much greater than my own.

Next, I received a call from Bob Ekblad inviting me to a Bible study and time of prayer at Tierra Nueva. I really felt the leading of the Holy Spirit to attend. I listened to Bob relate many miraculous healings performed by Jesus, and Bob’s own testimony of receiving the power of healing at a pastor’s conference in Toronto.

After the study, the entire group prayed for my healing. From Bob’s hand, I felt warmth across my lower back, into my hip and down my left leg. I came away praising Jesus and feeling completely healed and pain free. The next morning I felt greatly improved and ready to cancel the remaining treatments, but since I still felt some residual pain, I decided to continue with the therapy.

I was able to share my healing experiences with one of the therapists on my next visit. The therapist told me she also believed in Jesus and had the gift of healing. We both rejoiced in the many ways God works in our lives. I believe I am on a journey with God concerning this whole episode, and God is not through using me. Thank you for your continued prayers!